Monday, 22 February 2010

Aza was having two busy weeks..

The week before Ariq had the operation, Aza asked if he could stay with my parents.. well, to be exact, he refused going home after visiting his grandparents that Sunday night..

At first we were not sure if he was serious. Dad thought he just didn't want to turn his movie 'Monster House' off, but mum thought he looked confident and sure about staying over, so we decided to let him stay after promising not to ask to go home the same night.

To all of our surprise, he stayed the whole week! ONE FULL WEEK!


The most amazing part was, he called home every day -twice a day, at least- and asked to speak especially with Ariq. They would talk and laugh on the phone about things that only they knew about.. I always giggled listening to them because I thought they were cute.. :-P

After a week, we met at the hospital, because my parents were having routine checks and I was going to have routine pregnancy check. Aza didn't stay long though, he was hungry and he decided to leave with my parents while I was still waiting to see my doctor.

The next day, Aza stayed in Ariq's hospital room, while waiting for the scheduled tonsil operation, and again, he asked my husband to take him back to my parents' house around lunch time..

The next day, Monday, Aza decided to come home with us and Ariq. He said to my parents that they would make plans again for next stay-over..

At times like those, we felt like he was older and more mature than his real age.. which was only 3.5 years old!

Aza has been home for one week now, and today, he is finally back to his routines for meals and naps.. Apart from the fact that Ariq was resting at home all week last week, Aza was also having some adjustments. The whole week he was staying with my parents, he was having a great time with his cousin, Irfan -my sister's son- who has a very different daily routines..

Aza hasn't gone to school yet, so he usually takes a nap between 11 a.m. and 2.00 p.m. and goes to bed at night at around 8.00 - 8.30 p.m., while Irfan has gone to school and takes a nap between 1.30 p.m. and 4.30 p.m. and goes to bed at night around 10.00 p.m. (my sister works, so Irfan likes to wait up for his mum to catch up with her before going to bed).

The different routines did not really cause any problem since Aza does not go to school yet, except that he always asks Ariq to help him with every problem he found while playing games on the laptop or computer! Sometimes Aza asks me for help, but of course, Ariq could help him much better than me.. :-P

So, my husband and I thought that Aza should be adjusted back to his old routine, so that Ariq wouldn't have too much problem when he goes back to school..

We slowly did this, not to make it hard on Aza.. Thanks to Ariq's great cooperation in following our requests to gradually adjust Aza, the process worked well.. Last night, Aza finally fell into deep sleep around 9.30 p.m. about half-an-hour after Ariq.. ;-)

I'm glad that the boys are sleeping on time again now, but I'm also glad about the time they were having the late nights.. they were really getting along very well.. doing arts and crafts in bed together.. no fighting.. no yelling.. just having great times together..

Nothing more that a mum can ask for.. and here are the pictures they came up with during those nights..

As today is the beginning of a new week, it marks the end of Aza's busy two weeks.. He took a nap at 11.00 today, and now (7.25 p.m.) he is almost ready for bed.. which means, it is almost bedtime for me too.. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Would you like to share your opinion about my post? I would like to hear from you..